[Numpy-discussion] Deprecating matrices.

Benjamin Root ben.v.root at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 14:54:28 EST 2017

That's not a bad idea. Matplotlib is currently considering something
similar for its mlab module. It has been there since the beginning, but it
is very outdated and very out-of-scope for matplotlib. However, there are
still lots of code out there that depends on it. So, we are looking to
split it off as its own package. The details still need to be worked out
(should we initially depend on the package and simply alias its import with
a DeprecationWarning, or should we go cold turkey and have a good message
explaining the change).

Ben Root