[Numpy-discussion] Scipy 2017 NumPy sprint

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Sat Jul 1 07:12:56 EDT 2017

On Fri, Jun 30, 2017 at 6:50 AM, Pauli Virtanen <pav at iki.fi> wrote:

> Charles R Harris kirjoitti 29.06.2017 klo 20:45:
> >     Here's a random idea: how about building a NumPy gallery?
> >     scikit-{image,learn} has it, and while those projects may have more
> >     visual datasets, I can imagine something along the lines of Nicolas
> >     Rougier's beautiful book:
> >
> >     http://www.labri.fr/perso/nrougier/from-python-to-numpy/
> >     <http://www.labri.fr/perso/nrougier/from-python-to-numpy/>
> >

> > So that would be added in the  numpy
> > <https://github.com/numpy>/numpy.org
> > <https://github.com/numpy/numpy.org> repo?
>
> Or https://scipy-cookbook.readthedocs.io/  ?
> (maybe minus bitrot and images added :)

I'd like the numpy.org one. numpy.org is now incredibly sparse and ugly, a
gallery would make it look a lot better.

Another idea, from the "deprecate np.matrix" discussion: add numpy
documentation describing the preferred way to handle matrices, extolling
the virtues of @, and move np.matrix documentation to a deprecated section.

Ralf