[Numpy-discussion] Scipy 2017 NumPy sprint

Matthew Brett matthew.brett at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 06:30:57 EDT 2017

On Wed, Jul 5, 2017 at 11:25 AM, Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 5, 2017 at 10:14 PM, Peter Cock <p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Note that TravisCI does not yet have official Python support on Mac OS X,
>>
>> https://github.com/travis-ci/travis-ci/issues/2312
>>
>> I believe it is possible to do anyway by faking it under another setting
>> (e.g. pretend to be a generic language build, and use the system Python
>> or install your own specific version of Python as needed), so that may be
>> worth trying during a sprint.
>

> That approach has worked reliably for
> https://github.com/MacPython/numpy-wheels for a while now, so should be
> straightforward.

And https://travis-ci.org/MacPython/scipy-wheels where we are testing
OSX, 64 and 32 bit manylinux builds daily.  That didn't catch the
recent ndimage error because I'd disabled the 32-bit builds there.

Numpy, scipy, and a fairly large number of other projects use
https://github.com/matthew-brett/multibuild to set up builds in this
way for manylinux, OSX and (with a bit more effort) Windows.

Cheers,

Matthew