[Numpy-discussion] NumPy steering councils members

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 02:52:31 EDT 2017

Hi all,

It has been well over a year since we put together the governance structure
and steering council (
https://docs.scipy.org/doc/numpy-dev/dev/governance/people.html#governance-people).
We haven't reviewed the people on the steering council in that time. Based
on the criteria for membership I would like to make the following
suggestion (note, not discussed with everyone in private beforehand):

Adding the following people to the steering council:
- Eric Wieser
- Marten van Kerkwijk
- Stephan Hoyer
- Allan Haldane

Removing the following people from the steering council due to inactivity:
- Alex Griffing

Note that I've tried to contact Alex directly before, but he has not
replied and has 0 activity on GitHub for the last year. I will try once
more though.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Ralf