[Numpy-discussion] quantile() or percentile()

Joseph Fox-Rabinovitz jfoxrabinovitz at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 17:21:44 EDT 2017

I think that there would be a very good reason to have a separate function
if we were to introduce weights to the inputs, similarly to the way that we
have mean and average. This would have some (positive) repercussions like
making weighted histograms with the Freedman-Diaconis binwidth estimator a
possibility. I have had this change on the back-burner for a long time,
mainly because I was too lazy to figure out how to include it in the C
code. However, I will take a closer look.

Regards,

    -Joe