[Numpy-discussion] Taking NumPy in Stride workshop at PyData Barcelona

Jaime Fernández del Río jaime.frio at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 03:38:08 EDT 2017

I ended up going to the PyData event in Barcelona last month and running a
workshop there. The notebook I used can be found here:

https://github.com/jaimefrio/pydatabcn2017/tree/master/taking_numpy_in_stride

I was afraid that the content would be too technical, but all the feedback
I got from attendees was that they very much enjoyed it and want more of
this deep technical dives into the belly of the beast.

Of course IRL, contrary to the internet, it is easier to approach someone
to tell them you like what they presented, than to tell them they suck. So
maybe this is just a biased illusion, but until proven wrong I am
encouraging anyone with the knowledge and the opportunity to go ahead and
organize a similar workshop in any conference they go to.

Jaime

P.S. I also got a chance to catch up with Francesc Alted and Travis
Oliphant, which is always great!

--
(\__/)
( O.o)