[Numpy-discussion] Taking NumPy in Stride workshop at PyData Barcelona

Kiko kikocorreoso at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 03:57:47 EDT 2017

> +1
>
> In my experience, there is a lack of deep understanding of numpy works,
> and people are happy to learn.
>
> Gaël
>
> On Thu, Jun 15, 2017 at 09:38:08AM +0200, Jaime Fernández del Río wrote:
> > I ended up going to the PyData event in Barcelona last month and running
> > workshop there. The notebook I used can be found here:
>
> > https://github.com/jaimefrio/pydatabcn2017/tree/master/
> taking_numpy_in_stride
>
> > I was afraid that the content would be too technical, but all the
> feedback I
> > got from attendees was that they very much enjoyed it and want more of
> this
> > deep technical dives into the belly of the beast.
>
> > Of course IRL, contrary to the internet, it is easier to approach
> someone to
> > tell them you like what they presented, than to tell them they suck. So
> maybe
> > this is just a biased illusion, but until proven wrong I am encouraging
> anyone
> > with the knowledge and the opportunity to go ahead and organize a similar
> > workshop in any conference they go to.

Jaime, as you know I was there and I really enjoyed the workshop (and the
talk). I've also received positive comments from others there.

Maybe it is not and ad-hoc workshop for a PyData these days where all the
buzzwords are Spark, TensorFlow, DeepWhatever,..., but, again, I think it
was great and it was one of my reasons to go to PyData Barcelona.

Thanks for the workshop.