[Numpy-discussion] [SciPy-Dev] PyRSB: Python interface to librsb sparse matrices library

Sylvain Corlay sylvain.corlay at gmail.com
Sat Jun 24 10:29:35 EDT 2017

Hi Michele,

This is really interesting. I am a co-author of the xtensor project and one
thing that could be interesting is to wrap the various sparse matrix data
structures in the form of xtensor expressions. A byproduct of doing so is
that it would simplify creating bindings for multiple scientific computing
languages (Python, Julia, R, and more coming). You can see the blog post
http://quantstack.net/c++/2017/05/30/polyglot-scientific-computing-with-
xtensor.html for reference...

Also, one quick question: is the LGPL license a deliberate choice or is it
not important to you? Most projects in the Python scientific stack are BSD
licensed. So the LGPL choice makes it unlikely that a higher-level project
adopts it as a dependency. If you are the only copyright holder, you would
still have the possibility to license it under a more permissive license
such as BSD or MIT...

Congratulations on the release!

Sylvain