[Numpy-discussion] Scipy 2017 NumPy sprint

Charles R Harris charlesr.harris at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 14:07:55 EDT 2017

Hi All,

I will be running the NumPy sprint at Scipy 2017 and I'm trying to put
together a suitable list of things to sprint on. In my experience,
sprinting on NumPy is hard, enhancements generally need lengthy review and
even finding and doing simple bug fixes can take time. What I have in mind
at this point, apart from what might be a getting started tutorial, could
mostly be classified as janitorial work.

   1.  Triage issues and close those that no longer apply. This is mind
   numbing work, but it has been almost three years since the last pass.
   2.  Move the contents of `numpy/doc` into `doc/source` and make them
   normal *.rst files.
   3.  Convert the doctest in `numpy/lib/tests/test_polynomial.py` to
   regular tests. Might be tricky as it mostly checks print formatting.