[Numpy-discussion] proposed changes to array printing in 1.14

Juan Nunez-Iglesias jni.soma at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 03:55:52 EDT 2017

To reiterate my point on a previous thread, I don't think this should happen until NumPy 2.0. This *will* break a massive number of doctests, and what's worse, it will do so in a way that makes it difficult to support doctesting for both 1.13 and 1.14. I don't see a big enough benefit to these changes to justify breaking everyone's tests before an API-breaking version bump.