[Numpy-discussion] Move scipy.org docs to Github?

Nathaniel Smith njs at pobox.com
Wed Mar 15 17:56:52 EDT 2017

On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 6:16 AM, Bryan Van de ven <bryanv at continuum.io> wrote:
> NumPy is a NumFocus fiscally sponsored project, perhaps they can help with the costs of different/better hosting.

Enthought already provides hosting and operations support (thanks!) –
the problem is that it doesn't make sense to have a full-time ops
person just for numpy, but if we're taking a tiny slice of someone's
time then occasional outages are going to happen.

The advantage of something like github pages is that it's big enough
that it *does* have dedicated ops support.

As long as we can fit under the 1 gig size limit then GH pages seems
like the best option so far... it's reliable, widely understood, and
all of the limits besides the 1 gig size are soft limits where they
say they'll work with us to figure things out.

-n