[Numpy-discussion] migration of all scipy.org mailing lists

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Sun Mar 26 04:05:47 EDT 2017

On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 9:57 PM, Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 12:27 AM, Neal Becker <ndbecker2 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Ralf Gommers wrote:

>> > We will have to update this info in quite a few places after the move is
>> > done. Including Gmane, although that site hasn't been working for half a
>> > year so is pretty low on the priority list.
>> >
>> > Ralf
>>
>> I'm reading/writing to you via gmane, so I think it is working :)
>>

> No it's not, archives are the key feature of Gmane (and what we link to
> from http://scipy.org/scipylib/mailing-lists.html) and those haven't been
> working since last September. See https://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/
> 2016/07/28/the-end-of-gmane/ for why.
>

> Your mail forwarding still happens to work, but that's not nearly as
> interesting a feature. Since Gmane is more or less unmaintained and at the
> moment http://gmane.org/ gives me a blank page, I don't think I'll bother
> to contact them (unless archives come back).

The move is complete, and I have updated the mailing list addresses at:
- numpy codebase (PR https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/8840)
- scipy codebase (PR https://github.com/scipy/scipy/pull/7226)
- Nabble (opened issue
http://support.nabble.com/All-scipy-org-mailing-list-moved-to-python-org-td7597902.html),
also for ipython-dev

If anyone knows of other places, please let me know (or fix it).

Ralf