[Numpy-discussion] Fwd: SciPy2017 Sprints FinAid for sprint leaders/core devs

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 05:46:59 EDT 2017

On Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 10:55 AM, Stefan van der Walt <stefanv at berkeley.edu>
wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 29, 2017, at 13:01, Charles R Harris wrote:
>
> On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 5:16 PM, Nathaniel Smith <njs at pobox.com> wrote:
>
> In case anyone is interested in helping run a NumPy sprint at SciPy this
> year:
>

> I haven't found numpy sprints to be very productive. However, I think it
> would be useful if we could have a developers meeting sometime this year.
>

> Yes, I think it's helpful to think of the sprints as an onboarding
> opportunity, rather than as a focused working session.  Many of the
> scikit-image core contributors joined the team this way, at least.

Agreed, and I would call that productive. Getting even one new maintainer
involved is worth organizing multiple sprints for.

That said, also +1 to a developer meeting this year. It'd be good if we
could combine it with the NumFOCUS summit or a relevant conference in the
second half of the year.

Ralf