[Numpy-discussion] [SciPy-User] NumPy v1.13.0rc1 released.

Jens Jørgen Mortensen jjmo at dtu.dk
Fri May 12 10:28:12 EDT 2017

Den 11-05-2017 kl. 03:48 skrev Charles R Harris:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm please to announce the NumPy 1.13.0rc1 release. This release
> supports Python 2.7 and 3.4-3.6 and contains many new features. It is
> one of the most ambitious releases in the last several years. Some of
> the highlights and new functions are

I found this strange behavior:

(np113) [jensj at ASUS np113]$ python3
Python 3.5.3 (default, Jan 19 2017, 14:11:04)
[GCC 6.3.0 20170118] on linux
 >>> import numpy as np
 >>> np.__version__
'1.13.0rc1'
 >>> s = (27, 27, 27)
 >>> x = np.ones(s, complex)
 >>> y = np.zeros(s)
 >>> y += abs(x * 2.0)**2
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
TypeError: Cannot cast ufunc add output from dtype('complex128') to
dtype('float64') with casting rule 'same_kind'

Works OK with s=(3,3,3).

Jens Jørgen