[Numpy-discussion] How to concatenate 2 recarrays into a single recarray

Isaac Gerg isaac.gerg at gergltd.com
Fri May 12 16:03:58 EDT 2017

It looks like some of the problem I was seeing has to do with reading in
hdf5 files from matlab that contain strings for column types.  when they
are read in using h5py the type is reported as 'O' which is object.  The
problem is I can't reproduce the problem in small script because I can't
get hdf5 to create these files with 'O' type; I have to go through matlab.