[Numpy-discussion] UC Berkeley hiring developers to work on NumPy

Nathaniel Smith njs at pobox.com
Fri May 19 16:48:16 EDT 2017

Okay, a few more details :-)

The initial funding here is a grant from the Gordon and Betty Moore
Foundation to UCB with me as PI, in the amount of $645,020. There's
also another thing in the pipeline that might supplement that, but
it'll be
~6 months yet before we know for sure. So keep your fingers crossed I guess.

Here's some text from the proposal (the references to "this year" may
give some sense of how long this has taken...):
  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xHjQqc8V8zJk7WSCyw9NPCpMYZ2Urh0cmFm2vDd14ZE/edit

-n