[Numpy-discussion] is __array_ufunc__ ready for prime-time?

Marten van Kerkwijk m.h.vankerkwijk at gmail.com
Wed Nov 1 18:50:30 EDT 2017

>From my experience with Quantity, routines that properly ducktype work
well, those that feel the need to accept list and blatantly do
`asarray` do not - even if in many cases they would have worked if
they used `asanyarray`...  But there are lots of nice surprises, with,
e.g., `np.fft.fftfreq` just working as one would hope.  Anyway, bottom
line, I think you should let this stop you from trying only if you
know something important does not work. -- Marten