[Numpy-discussion] Python @ FOSDEM 2018

Pierre de Buyl pierre.debuyl at kuleuven.be
Thu Nov 2 15:38:24 EDT 2017

Dear SciPythonists and NumPythonists,

FOSDEM is a free event for software developers to meet, share ideas and
collaborate. Every year, 6500+ of developers of free and open source software
from all over the world gather at the event in Brussels.

Every year, 6500+ of developers of free and open source software from all over
the world gather at the event in Brussels.

For FOSDEM 2018, we will try the new concept of a virtual Python-devroom: there
is no dedicated Python room but instead, we promote the presence of Python in
all devrooms. We hope to have at least one Python talk in every devroom (Yes,
even in Perl, Ada, Go and Rust devrooms ;-) ).

How can you help to highlight the Python community at Python-FOSDEM 2018?
Propose your talk in the closest related devroom:
https://fosdem.org/2018/news/2017-10-04-accepted-developer-rooms/

Not all devrooms are language-specific and a number of topics come to mind for
data and science participants:
"Monitoring & Cloud devroom" https://lists.fosdem.org/pipermail/fosdem/2017-October/002631.html
"HPC, Big Data, and Data Science"
https://lists.fosdem.org/pipermail/fosdem/2017-October/002615.html
"LLVM toolchain"
https://lists.fosdem.org/pipermail/fosdem/2017-October/002624.html

Most call for contributions end around the 24 of november.

Send a copy of your proposition to python-devroom AT lists.fosdem DOT org. We will
publish a dedicated schedule for Python on https://python-fosdem.org/ and at our
stand.

A dinner will be also organized, stay tuned.

We are waiting for your talks proposals.

The Python-FOSDEM committee