[Numpy-discussion] Proposal of timeline for dropping Python 2.7 support

Michael Sarahan msarahan at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 17:29:28 EST 2017

Anaconda's compilers are for Linux (gcc 7.2) and Mac (llvm/clang 4.0.1)
right now.  We would like to have clang target all platforms, but that's a
lot of development effort.

We are also exploring ways of keeping package ecosystems in line, so that
building and managing a self-consistent set of python 2.7 packages with a
new Visual Studio version or msys2 might be easier.  No timeline to report,
on that, though.  Breaking with the python.org ABI is pretty painful.