[Numpy-discussion] Sustainability

Benjamin Root ben.v.root at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 11:03:06 EDT 2017

One thing that concerns me is trying to keep up with demand. Our tools have
become extremely popular, but it is very difficult for maintainers to keep
up with this demand. So, we seem to have a tendency to "tribalize", in a
sense, focusing on the demand for our respective pet projects. Various
projects have created excellent tools for better managing the high demand
such as circleci doc build views, back-porting bots, lint checking
settings, vim/emacs settings, etc. These are important tools to help
maintainers, and other projects need to know about them.

Perhaps these dev tools should get centrally managed? Maybe we should have
a "developer's conference"? It would be good to learn from others their
techniques and workflows that make them so efficient. I swear, some of you
have time-turners or cloning machines!

Cheers!
Ben Root