[Numpy-discussion] [ANN] Matplotlib 2.1 released
tcaswell at gmail.com
Sat Oct 7 19:30:11 EDT 2017
We are happy to announce the release of Matplotlib 2.1. This is the second
minor release in the Matplotlib 2.x series and the first release with major
new features since 1.5.
This release contains approximately 2 years worth of work by 275
across over 950 pull requests. Highlights from this release include:
- support for string categorical values
- major overhaul of polar plots
- reproducible output for ps/eps, pdf, and svg backends
- performance improvements in drawing lines and images
- GUIs show a busy cursor while rendering the plot
along with many other enhancements and bug fixes.
The gallery, examples, and tutorials have been overhauled and consolidated:
A big thank you to everyone who contributed to this release!
Wheels are available on pypi for win/mac/manylinux and for conda via
Full whats new:
Full API changes:
github stats: http://matplotlib.org/users/github_stats.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the NumPy-Discussion