[Numpy-discussion] Github overview change

Sebastian Berg sebastian at sipsolutions.net
Wed Oct 18 15:20:24 EDT 2017

On Wed, 2017-10-18 at 13:25 -0500, Nathan Goldbaum wrote:
> This is a change in the UI that github introduced a couple weeks ago
> during their annual conference.
>
> See https://github.com/blog/2447-a-more-connected-universe

This announces the "Discover repositories" thing, but my normal news
feed changed significantly, maybe at the same time, not showing
comments at all.

Is there a simple setup where:

1. I can get a rough overview what is being discussed without
   necessarily reading everything.
2. Still get anything with @mention, etc. so that I can't really
   miss it? (right now I have those in mail -- which I like -- and
   on the website, which I don't care too much about).

Probably I can set it up to get everything as mail, and set the website
to still only give notifications for 2., which would be OK. Maybe I am
just change resistant ;).

- Sebastian