[Numpy-discussion] is __array_ufunc__ ready for prime-time?

William Sheffler willsheffler at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 15:36:09 EDT 2017

Right before 1.12, I arranged an API around an np.ndarray subclass, making
use of __array_ufunc__ to customize behavior based on structured dtype (we
come from c++ and really like operator overloading). Having seen
__array_ufunc__ featured in Travis Oliphant's Guide to NumPy: 2nd Edition,
I assumed this was the way to go. But it was removed in 1.12. Now that 1.13
has reintroduced __array_ufunc__, can I now rely on its continued
availability? I am considering using it as a base-level component in
several libraries... is this a dangerous idea?

Thanks!
Will

--
William H. Sheffler Ph.D.