[Numpy-discussion] is __array_ufunc__ ready for prime-time?

Marten van Kerkwijk m.h.vankerkwijk at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 20:46:07 EDT 2017

Hi Nathan,

Happy to hear that it works well for yt! In astropy's Quantity as
well, it greatly simplifies the code, and has made many operations
about two times faster (which is why I pushed so hard to get
__array_ufunc__ done...).  But for now we're stuck with supporting
__array_prepare__ and __array_wrap__ as well.

Of course, do let us know if there are issues with the current design.
Some further cleanup, especially with the use of `super` for ndarray
subclasses, is still foreseen (but none of that should impact the
API).

All the best,

Marten