[Numpy-discussion] ANN: SciPy 1.0 beta release

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 05:59:15 EDT 2017

On Sun, Sep 17, 2017 at 10:48 PM, Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm excited to be able to announce the availability of the first beta
> release of Scipy 1.0. This is a big release, and a version number that
> has been 16 years in the making. It contains a few more deprecations and
> backwards incompatible changes than an average release. Therefore please do
> test it on your own code, and report any issues on the Github issue tracker
> or on the scipy-dev mailing list.
>
> Sources: https://github.com/scipy/scipy/releases/tag/v1.0.0b1
> Binary wheels: will follow tomorrow, I'll announce those when ready
> (TravisCI is under maintenance right now)

Binary wheels for Windows, Linux and OS X (for all supported Python
versions, 32-bit and 64-bit) can be found at http://wheels.scipy.org. To
install directly with pip:

    pip install scipy=='1.0.0b1' -f http://wheels.scipy.org --trusted-host
wheels.scipy.org

(add --user and/or --upgrade as required to that command). Alternatively,
just download the wheel you need and do `pip install
scipy-1.0.0b1-<downloaded>.whl`.

Cheers,
Ralf