[Numpy-discussion] Extending ufunc signature syntax for matmul, frozen dimensions

Eric Wieser wieser.eric+numpy at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 17:38:16 EDT 2018

I think I’m -1 on this - this just makes things harder on the implementers
of _array_ufunc__ who now might have to work out which signature matches.
I’d prefer the solution where np.matmul is a wrapper around one of three
gufuncs (or maybe just around one with axis insertion) - this is similar to
how np.linalg already works.

Eric
​