[Numpy-discussion] Adoption of a Code of Conduct

Nelle Varoquaux nelle.varoquaux at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 14:33:59 EDT 2018

On 3 August 2018 at 11:20, Chris Barker <chris.barker at noaa.gov> wrote:

> One other thought:
>
> Given Jupyter, numpy, scipy, matplotlib?, etc, are all working on a CoC --
> maybe we could have NumFocus take a lead on this for the whole community?
>
> I think most (all?) of the NumFocus projects have essentially the same
> goals in this regard.

I think what matters in code of conduct is community buy-in and the
discussions around it, more than the document itself. By off-loading the
discussion and writing process to someone else, you are missing most of the
benefits of codes of conducts. This is also the reason why I think codes of
conduct should be revisited regularly.

My 2 cents,