[Numpy-discussion] Adoption of a Code of Conduct

Stefan van der Walt stefanv at berkeley.edu
Fri Aug 3 15:45:00 EDT 2018

On August 3, 2018 20:51:00 Chris Barker <chris.barker at noaa.gov> wrote:
> I'll note that at least the Contributor Covenant is pretty vague about
> enforcement:
>
> """
> All complaints will be reviewed and investigated and will result in a
> response that is deemed necessary and appropriate to the circumstances.
> """
>
> I'd think refining THAT part for the project may provide the benefits of
> discussion...

But the SciPy CoC has a whole additional document that goes into further
detail on this specific issue, so let's not concern ourselves with the
weaknesses of the Covenant (there are plenty), but rather on what is being
proposed for adoption here:

https://docs.scipy.org/doc/scipy/reference/dev/conduct/report_handling_manual.html#coc-reporting-manual

Best regards,
Stéfan