[Numpy-discussion] Taking back control of the #numpy irc channel

Sebastian Berg sebastian at sipsolutions.net
Tue Aug 7 07:34:29 EDT 2018

On Mon, 2018-08-06 at 21:52 -0700, Ralf Gommers wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 6, 2018 at 7:15 PM, Nathan Goldbaum <nathan12343 at gmail.co
> m> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I idle in #scipy and have op in there. I’m happy start idling in
> > #numpy and be op if the community is willing to let me.
> >

> Thanks Nathan. Sounds useful.

Sounds good. I haven't really hung out there for a long time (frankly,
I never hung out in #numpy, I thought people just use #scipy).

Can we just give a few names (such as Matti, Nathan, maybe me, anyone
else right now?) and add others later ourselves?
I can get in contact with freenode (unless someone already did).

> There's also a Gitter numpy channel. AFAIK few/none core devs are
> regularly active on either IRC or Gitter. I would suggest that we
> document both these channels as community-run at
> https://scipy.org/scipylib/mailing-lists.html, and give Nathan and
> others who are interested the permissions they need.

Yeah, the gitter seems pretty inactive as well. But I guess it doesn't
hurt to mention them.

- Sebastian