[Numpy-discussion] Taking back control of the #numpy irc channel

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 23:43:40 EDT 2018

On Wed, Aug 8, 2018 at 9:06 AM, Sebastian Berg <sebastian at sipsolutions.net>
wrote:

> On Wed, 2018-08-08 at 08:55 -0700, Ralf Gommers wrote:
> >

> > On Wed, Aug 8, 2018 at 1:23 AM, Sebastian Berg <sebastian at sipsolution
> > s.net> wrote:
> > >

> > > Will do, just realized looking at it. The Steering Council list,
> > > etc.
> > > has a list of names, but not email addresses (or PGP keys). I do
> > > not
> > > remember, was that intentional or not?
> >
> > I have a vague memory of that being intentional, but not sure. I
> > don't mind making email addresses public; they can be found from git
> > commit logs and mailing lists anyway, so why make life difficult for
> > whomever wants to reach us.
> >

> Yeah, well, I find PGP keys a good idea, even if they might outdate
> once in a while.... That means if someone wants to check you can easily
> sign an email and they can be pretty sure you can claim to have some
> sway in NumPy (right now freenode did it by seeing I have power on
> github, but it is not really quite ideal).

Hmm, happy to add PGP keys (optionally), but it doesn't really replace an
email address for me. E.g. I don't have PGP keys on all the machines I work
on. It's just not worth the trouble syncing that for the few times a year I
use a PGP key. How about adding both, optionally?

If yes, then it would be nice to collect those in a single PR to limit the
churn to the governance doc files.

Cheers,
Ralf