[Numpy-discussion] Hoop jumping, and other sports

Andrew Nelson andyfaff at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 18:04:25 EST 2018

Other factors hindering new contributors:

1) Being unfamiliar with git. e.g. knowing that you have to fork numpy
first, then clone from your fork, then create a feature branch. That's just
the """straightforward bit""". It's hell the first time you have to rebase
something/correct commit messages/squash, etc.

2) I have a mindblock on the correct way to use ReStructured Text in
docstrings. When do I use backticks/double backticks, etc. Getting
documentation changes to perfection is hard.