[Numpy-discussion] custom Welch method for power spectral density

Seb spluque at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 16:12:16 EST 2018

Hello,

I'm trying to compute a power spectral density of a signal, using the
Welch method, in the broad sense; i.e. splitting the signal into
segments for deriving smoother spectra.  This is well implemented in
scipy.signal.welch.  However, I'd like to use exponentially increasing
(power 2) segment length to dampen increasing variance in spectra at
higher frequencies.  Before hacking the scipy.signal.spectral module for
this, I'd appreciate any tips on available packages/modules that allow
for this kind of binning scheme, or other suggestions.

Thanks,
--
Seb