[Numpy-discussion] building numpy with python3.7

Andras Deak deak.andris at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 10:54:48 EST 2018

Hello,

After failing with several attempts to build numpy on python 3.7.0a4,
the combo that worked with pip was
cython 0.28a0 (current master)
numpy 1.15.0.dev0 (current master)
in a fresh, clean venv.
Older cython (0.27.3 where the aforementioned issue seems to have been
solved https://github.com/cython/cython/issues/1955) didn't help.
Stable numpy 1.14.0 didn't seem to work even with cython master.
This seems to be the same setup that Thomas mentioned, I mostly want
to note that anything less doesn't seem to compile yet.

András