[Numpy-discussion] Setting custom dtypes and 1.14

Benjamin Root ben.v.root at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 15:44:56 EST 2018

I <3 structured arrays. I love the fact that I can access data by row and
then by fieldname, or vice versa. There are times when I need to pass just
a column into a function, and there are times when I need to process things
row by row. Yes, pandas is nice if you want the specialized indexing
features, but it becomes a bear to deal with if all you want is normal
indexing, or even the ability to easily loop over the dataset.

Cheers!
Ben Root