[Numpy-discussion] documentation, sound and music [was: doc? music through mathematical relations between LPCM samples and musical elements/characteristics]

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 18:20:48 EST 2018

On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 7:38 AM, Renato Fabbri <renato.fabbri at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear Scipy-ers,
>
> If you think I should split the message so that
> things get more clear...
>
> But the things are:
> 1) How to document numpy-heavy projects?

There is nothing particularly special about numpy-heavy projects with
respect to documentation. The tools used for numpy and scipy's
documentation may (or may not) be useful to you. For example, you may want
to embed matplotlib plots into your documentation.

  https://pypi.python.org/pypi/numpydoc

But if not, don't worry about it. Sphinx is all most numpy-heavy projects
need, like most Python projects. Hosting the documentation on either
readthedocs or Github is fine. Do whatever's convenient for you. Either is
just as convenient for us.

> 2) How to better make these contributions available
> to the numpy/scipy community?

Having it up on Github and PyPI is all you need to do. Participate in
relevant mailing list conversations. While we don't forbid release
announcement emails on either of the lists, I wouldn't do much more than
announce the initial release and maybe a really major update (i.e. not for
every bugfix release).

> Directions will be greatly appreciated.
> I suspect that this info is all gathered somewhere
> I did not find.

Sorry this isn't gathered anywhere, but truly, the answer is "there is not
much to it". You're doing everything right. :-)

--
Robert Kern