[Numpy-discussion] Fwd: Allowing broadcasting of code dimensions in generalized ufuncs

Stephan Hoyer shoyer at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 12:11:45 EDT 2018

On Tue, Jul 3, 2018 at 7:13 AM Marten van Kerkwijk <
m.h.vankerkwijk at gmail.com> wrote:

> Overall, would one way to move forward be to merge the first PR (flexible
> and frozen) and defer the broadcastable dimensions?

This would have my support.

I have similar misgivings about broadcastable dimensions to those raised by
Nathaniel.

In particular, I wonder if there is some way to make use of this
functionality internally in NumPy for functions like all_equal() without
exposing it as part of the external gufunc API.