[Numpy-discussion] numpy.random.randn

Marko Asplund marko.asplund at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 04:39:31 EST 2018

I've some neural network code in NumPy that I'd like to compare with a
Scala based implementation.
My problem is currently random initialization of the neural net parameters.
I'd like to be able to get the same results from both implementations when
using the same random seed.

One approach I've though of would be to use the NumPy random generator also
with the Scala implementation, but unfortunately the linear algebra library
I'm using doesn't provide an equivalent for this.

Could someone give pointers to implementing numpy.random.randn?
Or alternatively, is there an equivalent random generator for Scala or Java?

marko