[Numpy-discussion] Where to discuss NEPs (was: Re: new NEP: np.AbstractArray and np.asabstractarray)

Stefan van der Walt stefanv at berkeley.edu
Fri Mar 9 02:23:37 EST 2018

On Thu, 08 Mar 2018 20:22:29 -0800, Nathaniel Smith wrote:
> 1. We merge updates to the NEPs as we go, so that whatever's in the
> repo is the current draft. Anyone can go to the NEP webpage at
> http://numpy.org/neps (WIP, see #10702) to see the latest version of
> all NEPs, whether accepted, rejected, or in progress.

If we go this route, it may also be useful to give some more guidance on
how complete we expect a first draft of a NEP to be before it is
submitted as a PR.  We currently only have:

"""
The NEP champion (a.k.a. Author) should first attempt to ascertain
whether the idea is suitable for a NEP. Posting to the numpy-discussion
mailing list is the best way to go about doing this.

Following a discussion on the mailing list, the proposal should be
submitted as a draft NEP via a GitHub pull request to the doc/neps
directory [...]
"""

Best regards
Stéfan