[Numpy-discussion] Fwd: Performance feature for np.isin and np.in1d

Miles Cranmer miles.cranmer at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 14:36:14 EDT 2018

(Not sure what the right list is for this)

Hi,

I have started a PR for a "fast_integers" flag for np.isin and np.in1d
which greatly increases performance when both arrays are integral. It works
by creating a boolean array with elements set to 1 where the parent array
(ar2) has elements and 0 otherwise. This array is then indexed by the child
array (ar1) to create the output.

https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/12065

Thoughts on this? Please let me know if you have any questions about my
addition.

Thank you.
Best regards,
Miles