[Numpy-discussion] Adding a hex version like PY_VERSION_HEX

Eric Wieser wieser.eric+numpy at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 00:03:36 EDT 2018

+1 on Ralf's suggestion. I'm not sure there's any case where the C code
should be using a hex version number - either it's using the C api, in
which case it should just be looking at the C api version - or it's calling
back into the python API, in which case it's probably not unreasonable to
ask it to inspect `np.__version__` / a hypothetical `sys.version_info`,
since it's already going through awkwardness to invoke pure-python APIs..

Eric