[Numpy-discussion] asanyarray vs. asarray

Stephan Hoyer shoyer at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 12:09:18 EDT 2018

I don't think it makes much sense to change NumPy's existing usage of
asarray() to asanyarray() unless we add subok=True arguments (which default
to False). But this ends up cluttering NumPy's public API, which is also
undesirable. The preferred way to override NumPy functions going forward
should be __array_function__.