[Numpy-discussion] A minor milestone

Nathaniel Smith njs at pobox.com
Sat Sep 8 01:13:39 EDT 2018

On Fri, Sep 7, 2018 at 6:33 PM, Charles R Harris
<charlesr.harris at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the link. It would be nice to improve the Windows numbers, Linux
> is still very dominant. I suppose that might be an artifact of the systems
> used by developers as opposed to end users. It would be a different open
> source world if Microsoft had always released their compilers for free and
> kept them current with the evolving ISO specs.

Well, keep in mind also that it's counting installs, not users...
people destroy and reinstall Linux systems a *lot* more often than
they do Windows/macOS systems, what with clouds and containers and CI
systems and all. On my personal laptop I install numpy maybe once per
release, but on Travis I install it half a dozen times every day.

-n