[Numpy-discussion] Proposal to accept NEP 22: Duck typing for NumPy arrays

Stephan Hoyer shoyer at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 17:33:16 EDT 2018

I propose to accept NEP-22, "Duck typing for NumPy arrays – high level
overview":
http://www.numpy.org/neps/nep-0022-ndarray-duck-typing-overview.html

This NEP didn't generate much (any?) discussion on the mailing list when
Nathaniel and I sent it out a few months ago. But I still think the
high-level vision makes sense, and it would be nice to mark this
informational NEP as accepted to lay-out a clear vision for how we want to
handle "duck arrays".

One nice thing about informational NEPs is that they don't commit us to any
particular choices, so marking the NEP as is accepted is relatively low
risk :). There are still plenty of details to refine (as we did in NEP-18),
but we can take our time on that.

Cheers,
Stephan