[Numpy-discussion] Adding to the non-dispatched implementation of NumPy methods

Stefan van der Walt stefanv at berkeley.edu
Mon Apr 15 16:02:56 EDT 2019

On Mon, 15 Apr 2019 08:30:06 -0700, Stephan Hoyer wrote:
> We have a proposed a revision to NEP-18 (__array_function__). The proposal
> is for an adding an alias to the non-dispatched version of NumPy array
> functions in the __numpy_implementation__ function attribute:
> https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/13305

To help others parsing through the comments in GitHub, this mailing list
post is already a summary of all the comments up to

https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/13305#issuecomment-483301211

I'm generally in favor: it makes sense that you should easily be able to
access the original function when overriding it.

Stéfan