[Numpy-discussion] adding Quansight Labs as institutional partner

Paul Hobson pmhobson at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 12:18:58 EDT 2019

On Tue, Apr 16, 2019 at 8:32 AM Chris Barker - NOAA Federal <
chris.barker at noaa.gov> wrote:

> Another consideration is that some organizations, the US federal
> government, for instance, cannot make donations. I wouldn’t be surprised if
> some Universities might have similar restrictions on using grant money to
> make a donation to a non-profit.
>
> Is there any way for NumFocus to accept funds in a non-donation way? For
> example, we can pay for documentation, tech support, consulting services,
> etc.

My company would happily reimburse me if I paid for documentation as a way
to get money into NumFocus. Doesn't have to be documentation per se, but
some "tangible" good that doesn't requires any paperwork like a Services
Agreement would greatly make giving to NumFocus easier.