[Numpy-discussion] Google Summer of Docs ideas?

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 16:50:56 EDT 2019

On Sun, Apr 14, 2019 at 6:42 PM Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 2, 2019 at 10:45 AM Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> NumFOCUS has applied as an umbrella org for the inaugural Google Summer
>> of Docs, and we're participating. We need 1-2 ideas and work them out very
>> well (ideas need to be high quality, it's not yet sure that NumFOCUS will
>> get accepted as an umbrella org). Guidelines are at
>> https://developers.google.com/season-of-docs/docs/project-ideas#project-idea
>>
>> Any suggestions for ideas?
>>

> I have added an idea and page on the NumFOCUS GSoD site in
> https://github.com/numfocus/gsod/pull/4. That also has some content that
> we may want to reuse for a better contributor guide.

Looks like we are applying as a project and not under the NumFOCUS umbrella
(we got some feedback that this would give a better chance of success). I
can do the submission. We need a second name to be a GSoD admin though -
does anyone want to volunteer (there should be no actual work involved).

Thanks,
Ralf