[Numpy-discussion] Numpy twitter handle?

Matti Picus matti.picus at gmail.com
Sun Aug 18 01:04:33 EDT 2019

On 18/8/19 7:36 am, Abdur-Rahmaan Janhangeer wrote:
> Poor me a paper has been published citing numpy in the top 10 imports
> (the others being from the std lib), it was a great event as it was
> the conclusion after analysing ALL of pypi. A ping would have sufficed
> to notify.
>
> From the tweet:
> https://twitter.com/di_codes/status/1161475147045507077?s=19
>
> Paper:
> https://t.co/WKJdS9FpeV
>
> Yours,
>
> Abdur-Rahmaan Janhangeer
> Mauritius

Thanks for the heads up.

A direct link to the paper https://arxiv.org/abs/1907.11073

and the github repo
https://github.com/bommarito-consulting/pypi-research-data (still not
complete with data, code or paper source)

Lots of interesting tidbits in that paper, for instance "Together, the
four “deep learning” packages tf-nightly, mxnet-cu100mkl, mxnet-cu100,
and tf-nightly-gpu use approximately 500 gigabytes of PyPI storage -
nearly 25% of all PyPI storage". and "Table 19: Number of unique
importing packages by top-level package import" which shows the number
of import statements in new releases over time - seeing the change in
emphasis between NumPy vs. django.

Matti