[Numpy-discussion] ENH: Add Moving Average Function

Stephan Hoyer shoyer at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 00:23:52 EDT 2019

I would be very interested to see the “sliding window view” function merged
into np.lib.stride_tricks.

I don’t think it makes sense to add a suite of dedicated functions for
sliding window calculations that wrap that function. If we are going to go
down the path of adding sliding window calculations into a NumPy, they
should use efficient algorithms, like those found in the “bottleneck”
package.

Best,
Stephan