[Numpy-discussion] Triage-review and Triaged labels & triage meeting

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Mon Dec 2 22:29:43 EST 2019

Hi all,

We now have "Triage-review" and "Triaged" labels, to go with the bi-weekly
meeting we will start with this week. For those that missed it in the notes
from the sprint: the idea is to change from the weekly "community call"
meetings to:

1. a bi-weekly community call with higher-level topics (roadmap, docs,
website, funding, the bigger NEPs, etc.) that should be interesting and
accessible to anyone with an interest in where NumPy is going, and

2. a bi-weekly triage meeting, where we can discuss specific issues,
blocked PRs, discuss whether some issue or idea should be high-prio or not,
etc.

The first triage meeting will be this Wednesday. To prepare for that, we
created the new labels. It will take some time to figure out how to make
these meetings most effective, and we'll discuss that in the meeting. One
of the main topics on the agenda will be the actual issues and PRs that
maintainers have labeled with "Triage-review". So if you have specific
issues in mind that you think are high-prio or important to discuss for
some other reason, please add that tag. After discussion, we aim to change
the tag to "Triaged" with some summary and possibly the high-prio tag.

Please feel free to put other things on the agenda ([1]) as well.

Cheers,
Ralf

[1] https://hackmd.io/76o-IxCjQX2mOXO_wwkcpg?both