[Numpy-discussion] New sorting routines.

Charles R Harris charlesr.harris at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 09:18:04 EST 2019

Hi All,

I've put up  gh-12945 <https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/12945> that
preserves forward compatibility of NumPy after the addition of timsort by
reusing the mergesort slot in PyArray_ArrFuncs for stable sorts in general,
not just mergesort. The same method can be used when we add radixsort for
integer types. See the discussion at the PR link for more details on the
nature of the problem and considerations for the dtype proposals. I'm
waiting on agreement that this is the way to go before proceeding.

Chuck